Introducing … Giving Tuesday
Written by Plant With Purpose on November 20, 2012 in General
Black Friday … Cyber Monday … Giving Tuesday! This year Plant With Purpose has been asked to help launch the giving season’s opening day. Following a day of celebrating thankfulness and two days of deal-getting, Giving Tuesday provides a platform for you to give more, give better, and give smarter.
On Tuesday November 27, 2012 charities, families, businesses and individuals are coming together to transform the way people think about, talk about and participate in the giving season.
It’s a simple idea. Find a way for your family, your community, your company or your organization to join in acts of giving. Tell everyone you can about what you are doing and why it matters. Join a national celebration of our great tradition of generosity. – givingtuesday.org
On Giving Tuesday, help poor, rural families transform their lives, their communities, and their futures. Your generosity will help families to:
- Get back on their feet in Haiti following Hurricane Sandy through our Sponsor A Village program
- Feed their children through family gardens
- Restore their lives and land by planting trees
- Build cisterns that provide a year-round water source for growing food
- Improve their health by cooking on fuel-efficient stoves
- Find financial freedom through Village Savings and Loan Associations
- Grow in the knowledge of God’s love and grace
Your gifts will lead to transformation, empowerment, dignity, and hope for rural families around the world. Now isn’t that better than one more gadget under the Christmas tree?!
To read Executive Director Scott Sabin’s Giving Tuesday article, Getting to the Root of Poverty on the Huffington Post click this link.